Thursday, May 20, 2010

Uppsala


Wow, it sure has been a long while since I last posted. Was I busy? Well not so much, just generally spending way too much time watching online TV, and as you have already guessed, Summer is here! So lotsa outdoor activities and drinking-in-the-park.

Year one is rapidly coming to an end, and the lunch committees (including me) are, as the name implies, spending time planning for class activities over lunch. We have so far organized everything from baseball tourney to poker nights, movie nights, pub crawl and such. And the most anticipated event of the year is none other than the farewell gasque which will take place next friday, it's gonna be spectacular to say the least!

And because I'm so good with the international students, I've been elected to be the International Secretary of Uplands Nation! I look forward to the new term this fall, and will have lotsa new students under my wing. I love doing that, getting to know new people and help them find their bearing in town. My swedish is getting better too (I hope), will be taking the exam next month and hopefully get certified.

Summer will be awesome in Sweden. I haven't made any travel plans yet simply because I'm doing the summer internship stint here in Uppsala. I have however been invited to at least two mid summer parties in the swedish countryside. It'd be nice to get out in the woods and do some horseback riding!

simply lovely...

Sunday brunch at Luna's

Traveling on ferry over melting ice in Stockholm

Jenny and Cecilia

Lunch time at the campus

Poker night in session

Fika@Uplands

Fika@Sana's

Mich and Me

Blizzard on the first day of spring

Uppsala twilight

egg painting on Easter

Camila on Shisha night

Sunday brunch at Flogsta

Branboll tourney

Boat race on Valborg

hanging out with classmates

Massive festival of Valborg

BBQ in session

Bon Fire at night

5 comments:

William said...

Was wondering where you've been! Haha. Glad you're doing OK and having fun as always.

ahjojo said...

You're doing great! Happy for you! Hopefully next year this time i'll have d chance to coming over to see u!
Summer internship? wat's interesting eh?

mARCus said...

@Will: yeah kinda have been MIA havent i? really need to update more!

@jo: you must come and see how i'm living over here, will bring you to all the student parties! Doing a summer internship with a bioenergy company.

PC said...

If I hadn't seen you in person I would have thought you were dead?

mARCus said...

and why would you assume that? :p